These are my instructions for Unzipping and Installing fonts in Windows
95/98 (I haven't used any other versions, but they should work similar to this).
Unzipping the fonts
- You have to have a good unzipping program. I use Winzip 8.0, which you can get at www.winzip.com Make sure you also download the Internet Browser add-on (I think that's the name).
- When you click on the file to download, it should automatically start Winzip.
- Use Winzip to unzip the file to any directory, such as C:/Unzipped/Fonts/.
- You should have at least 2 files in that directory -- one with a .txt extension, and one with a .ttf. The .txt file is a text file that you should read. Simply double-click on it. The other file is the font file.
Installing the fonts
This should allow you to use the fonts in any Windows application.
If you have any other questions, please e-mail me.
- Go to the Control Panel in Windows.
- Click on the "Fonts" icon, and wait for it to load up (this takes a while with mine, but probably will not on yours).
- Click on File > Install New Fonts...
- Navigate down to the directory where you unzipped the fonts.(c:/unzipped/fonts/ if you followed my example at the top)
- If you want all the fonts that are in that directory, click the "Select all" button. Otherwise, just select the ones you want. Make sure the "Copy Fonts to Fonts Folder" is checked. Then press OK.